httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ryan....@chi.ddb.com
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Name based virtual server problems
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:56:23 GMT

Ok, the server is started so never mind about that.

I'm getting a permission denied when pulling up the site now.

Here is the EXACT error:

Forbidden

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.cultureddb.com Port 80

Here is what is exactly in the conf file

NameVirtualHost 172.20.10.138:80

<VirtualHost 172.20.10.138>
ServerName www.ddbchi.com
DocumentRoot /htdocs/ddbchi
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 172.20.10.138>
ServerName www.cultureddb.com
DocumentRoot /htdocs/
</VirtualHost>

             "Ben Yau"
             <byau@cardcommerc
             e.com>                                                     To
                                       <users@httpd.apache.org>
             01/13/04 03:44 PM                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         RE: [users@httpd] Name based
             users@httpd.apach         virtual server problems
                   e.org

> Josh, what happens is I get the output to terminal that says Bad Syntax
> Line 360.  The thing is, e:\YellowTipWS/users/, has not changed one bit
in
> either conf file.  The line doesn't work in the conf file that
> contains the
> virtual servers.

It sounds like there's a syntax error in your httpd.conf.

As posted in the email I just sent, run the syntax check if you are able.
If apache doesn't like your syntax, then that's why it's not running.  Not
sure how to do it on windows but check the apache docs  . On unix/linux
it's:
apachectl -t
or
httpd -t

I'm pretty sure you can do the same command in windows via the command
prompt

Ben Yau