httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Yau" <b...@cardcommerce.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Name based virtual server problems
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 00:45:05 GMT

> Ok, the server is started so never mind about that.
>
> I'm getting a permission denied when pulling up the site now.
>
> Here is the EXACT error:
>
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access / on this server.
>
> Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.cultureddb.com Port 80
>
> Here is what is exactly in the conf file
>
> NameVirtualHost 172.20.10.138:80
>
> <VirtualHost 172.20.10.138>
> ServerName www.ddbchi.com
> DocumentRoot /htdocs/ddbchi
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost 172.20.10.138>
> ServerName www.cultureddb.com
> DocumentRoot /htdocs/
> </VirtualHost>

Great.. Now that it starts you can add back in your Order,Allow statements.
Start small and slowly work your way back to the IP config you wanted.

Try

Order allow,deny
Allow from all

first.

Make sure to check your config syntax each time and from there you should be
able to do the rest on your own.  Make sure to read the apache documentation
on the config files.  It will give you a lot of info on how to put together
your http.conf . Since you'e on Apache 1.3 go here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/

Ben Yau

310.235.2500 x232
Card Commerce International, Inc.