httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Yau" <b...@cardcommerce.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] favorite web analyzing s/w?
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:19:22 GMT

> AWStats includes a perl script, logresolvemerge.pl, for this purpose.
> See:  http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/awstats_faq.html#MULTILOG
>
> I should also give an update...apparently you have to process all of the
> logs for individual months in order.  So you can go back in time and
> process logs for past months (but the data still has to be in order for
> that month).

I haven't looked at Analog yet.  I just got awstats up and running here.
It's pretty good for summarizing stats.  Report format is failry easy to
read.  From a sysadmin point of view, just hope that your cron runs
successfully becuase as others have pointed out processing previous logs can
be quite cumbersome.  Also, if you have to process more than one log, that
is a potential nightmare too (even with the scripts provided to merge logs).
Check out the awstats docs on processing logs and see how it applies to your
situation.

I'm going to look at analog next . We got awstats up becuase we had a
deadline.  That's one thing I'll give it is that it is very easy to set up.

Ben