httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Yau" <b...@cardcommerce.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_proxy / mod_rewrite question
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:16:55 GMT
Okay, I'm a bit unclear on your question.

Do you want to redirect http://localhost/www.yahoo.com to
http://www.yahoo.com  ?
Or do you want http://localhost/www.yahoo.com to return the contents of
http://www.yahoo.com ?

The first one is fairly easy with mod_rewrite.
In fact you will find your answer here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/misc/rewriteguide.html
And it'd be something like:
RewriteRule     ^/?(.*)    http://$1

The second one is not a mod_rewrite thing but would be a programming thing
which I have the theory on how to do it but have never programmed something
like that before so wouldn't be able to tell you specifically(but the basic
is talk to port 80 of the server and get back the text and then display it)

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Amit Thakkar [mailto:athakkar130@hotmail.com]
  Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 11:38 AM
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Subject: [users@httpd] mod_proxy / mod_rewrite question

  Hello All:

  I am attempting to use a java based web browser within an applet with in
i.e.

  In order for this to work as I wish I need to use either mod_rewrite or
mod_proxy to accomplish the following for me:

  redirect all requests from http://localhost/ to whatever follows the
localhost

  for example

  http://localhost/www.yahoo.com return the content from www.yahoo.com

  etc.

  Is this possible... I've search but I haven't found out whether this can
be done or not.

  Thanks