httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Yau" <b...@cardcommerce.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Timeouts / responsiveness issues with Apache
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:42:34 GMT

> Hi Matthew,
>
> Yes, further experimentation/investigation is leading me to think the
> same things.  PHP module is big, but its also our bread and butter (and
> many of our clients).  What I need to start figuring out is why memory
> increases, or the right settings to keep that under control.
>
> Nothing in /var/log/messages of note.

Have you checked any of the php websites for patches ?  I haven't used PHP
much but when I worked with ColdFusion Server, we found it had quite a few
memory leaks and had to patch that up (vs the netscape server).  If you are
webhosting, could also be some bad piece of code someone wrote.  I think
there is some sort of php function you can use to test your PHP garbage
collector (leak() or something like that).  Just another avenue to test out.

Ben Yau