httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Yau" <b...@cardcommerce.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_perl help..
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:57:56 GMT

> > Hello,
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone had any good references to installing
> mod_perl.
> >
> > I have Apache 2.0.48 and was wanting to use AWStats for log
> file analyses
> > which requires a Perl interpreter.
> >
> > I currently have Perl 5.8 installed with RedHat 9 (The box in which I'm
> > speaking about), is there maybe a way to tell apache to use that
> > interpreter
> > as opposed to mod_perl, or is it better to use mod_perl.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Yves Arsenault
>
>  I believe you'll need mod_perl in order for Apache to talk to
>  perl, unless you
>  can read output from command line invokation of PERL and pipe to php or
>  something weird like that.    Otherwise, AWStats does have command line
>  interface that outputs to html.  You might look into this as well.

Hi.  I don't think we have mod_perl compiled in and we are able to run
awstats. You would run it as you would any regular cgi script.

We run it as a nightly cron job since that way users just load the
statically created pages so we don't even bother with the dynamic CGI
version anyway.

Ben

P.S. here are the modules we have loaded fyi.
LoadModule access_module modules/mod_access.so
LoadModule auth_dbm_module modules/mod_auth_dbm.so
LoadModule log_config_module modules/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mod_setenvif.so
LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so
LoadModule mime_module modules/mod_mime.so
LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so
LoadModule negotiation_module modules/mod_negotiation.so
LoadModule alias_module modules/mod_alias.so
LoadModule caucho_module modules/mod_caucho.so
LoadModule info_module modules/mod_info.so
LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_include.c