httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chris" <ch...@leftbrained.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Virtual Host Error
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 03:35:11 GMT
I'm assuming you want both of the virtual hosts to be hosted off the same
IP? If so  change

<VirtualHost 214.23.17.10:80>

<VirtualHost *:80>

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg [mailto:myispsucks@midsouth.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 6:31 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Virtual Host Error

I've read many threads and a few Apache web pages on setting up Virtual
Hosts. I'm guessing something just isn't playing right.

Here's the error I saw in the error_log after restarting Apache:

[warn] NameVirtualHost *:80 has no VirtualHosts

Someone said that if we use *:80, to have our own server/domain listed
first so I did that.  Here's what I have in the Vhosts.conf:

################# Named VirtualHosts
NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.myserver.com
TransferLog /etc/httpd/logs/transfer_log
#ServerPath /domain
DocumentRoot /var/www/html
</VirtualHost>

# NameVirtualHost 214.23.17.10:80
<VirtualHost 214.23.17.10:80>
        ServerAdmin admin@myserver.com
        ServerName www.1171.com
        ErrorLog /var/www/html/domains/1171/error_log
        TransferLog /var/www/html/domains/1171/transfer_log
#ServerPath /domain
        DocumentRoot /var/www/html/domains/1171/PN726/html
        Options ExecCgi FollowSymlinks
</VirtualHost>

What is it that I'm not following?  It's a registered domain name with a
static IP assigned to me along with 4 others.  I just now did the DNS
update so it's populating, but I'm getting an error (above) and it's
telling me I don't have any virtual hosts defined.

Thanks for the help.
Greg