httpd-users mailing list archives

From "JM Fraser" <...@cybertrex.co.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] httpd-2.0.47-8, install wont start - lib error
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:54:00 GMT
Are there many glibc packages bar the ones I have mentioned? Because I could
update them all and restart the Apache from scratch.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Shannon [mailto:matt@paycom.net]
Sent: 21 January 2004 18:32
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] httpd-2.0.47-8, install wont start - lib
error

libc.so.6 should have been updated by your re-installation of the glibc
packages. it sounds like you have libraries and programs referencing
different versions of glibc. whether they were binaries for different
OS's or just mismatched versions, there is some bigger bad at work. i
would look for help in the redhat groups.

-m

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 10:15, JM Fraser wrote:
> Have forced thru the installation of these two library sets. The same
error
> occurs, But given that the error in part states: 'version GLIBC_2.3.3 not
> defined in file libc.so.6' should I not amend the 'lib.so.6' file to
reflect
> this new change with the additional of glibc-2.3.3?
>
> The libc.so.6 file is an executable and so I cannot amend it.

RPM