httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Question to directories
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:54:16 GMT

No wonder... your original post said nothing about PHP (which, contrary
to popular belief, is *not* part of apache) nor did you mention that the
"include" directory was something special and not simply a directory for
html files.

It would seem that your problem is entirely in your PHP configuration...
therefore OT.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> I get this php error message:
>
> Warning: main(../include/logic/API.class.inc): failed to open
> stream: No
> such file or directory in /www/htdocs/c_d/docroot/index.php on line 2
>
> Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required
> '../include/logic/API.class.inc' (include_path='.:/php/includes') in
> /www/htdocs/c_d/docroot/index.php on line 2
>

> @Jez:
> > How are you 'including' these files?
>
> I do a simple
>
> include_once("../include/logic/API.class.inc");
>
> on the required files, but it seems like apache denies access to the
> files that are over the document root.
>
> I also tried a symbolic link like "ln -s ../include include
> and when I visit http://localhost/include/ I get the directory
> listing...but still no luck with the scripts...
>
> thanks in advance,
> Bernhard

views of the sender's company.