httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Strange happenings with https
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:53:44 GMT

I'm guessing that you are under the impression that out-of-the-box
apache 1.3 comes with SSL all ready to go. It  don't.

Mainly for license reasons, apache 1.3 never included any SSL code. To
add this functionality you need to:

- install OpenSSL, if you don't already have it (www.openssl.org)
- get mod_ssl, patch apache and recompile (www.modssl.org)

Full instructions are on those sites.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Thank you,
> Roy Nielsen
> rsn@lanl.gov
> From: Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca>
> Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:09:02 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
>

> >On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Roy Nielsen wrote:
> >> [Wed Jan 14 12:19:44 2004] [error] [client 128.165.72.122] Invalid
> >> method in request \x80g\x01\x03\x01
> >
> >You are almost certainly making an https request to a server
> that speaks
> >only http.  Check your SSLEngine and related configuration for the
> >relevant virtual host.
> >
> >Joshua.

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.