httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] virtual hosts
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:24:02 GMT
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Louis Wevers [mailto:frut666@netscape.net]
>
> Listen 81
> NameVirtualHost simply.it:81

It is a bad idea to use domain names as an argument to NameVirtualHost
and VirtualHost. Replace with IP address or *. It would be better if the
original poster would quote the exact error message from the logs
(cut'n'paste) rather than trying to paraphrase it...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> <VirtualHost simply.it:81>
>    ServerAdmin domain@simply.it <mailto:domain@simply.it>
>    DocumentRoot /htdocs/
>    ServerName www.simply.it <http://www.simply.it>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost simply.it:81>
>   ServerAdmin domain@simply.it <mailto:domain@simply.it>
>   DocumentRoot /picturebank/
>   ServerName www.picturebank.it <http://www.picturebank.it>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Cheers,
> Louis
>
> > francesca@simply.it wrote:
> >
> >> I have a problem with virtual hosts.
> >> My server is windows 2000 server and Apache is on the port 81.
> >> On the port 80 I have IIS.
> >>
> >> This is my configuration, why It doesn't works?
> >>
> >> Listen 81
> >> NameVirtualHost *
> >> <VirtualHost *>
> >>     ServerAdmin domain@simply.it <mailto:domain@simply.it>
> >>     DocumentRoot /htdocs/
> >>     ServerName www.simply.it <http://www.simply.it>
> >> </VirtualHost>
> >>
> >> <VirtualHost *>
> >>    ServerAdmin domain@simply.it <mailto:domain@simply.it>
> >>    DocumentRoot /picturebank/
> >>    ServerName www.picturebank.it <http://www.picturebank.it>
> >> </VirtualHost>
> >>

> >> The error log tells me the there are overlap on port 81 and that
> >> virtual hosts for Ip address doesn't exist!

views of the sender's company.