httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Starting Apache As single Process
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:39:39 GMT
Plain text please...

You want to run in single-process mode without using the single-process
switch? Apache is *designed* to fork sub-processes to handle the
requests. If you don't want it to do that then you have to use the -X
switch.

You seem worried that -X is "debug" mode. It's not really, it just makes
debugging (in a general sense) easier because you have only one process
and so can use truss/strace to see what it's doing

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Chidanand [mailto:wingscng@yahoo.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2004 06:49
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Starting Apache As single Process

Hello Friends,

I want to run apache as a single process. I do not want the debug
option -X. I tried tweaking the min & max server parameters in
httpd.conf,
but as usual apache starts in multi process mode.
I am using apache-1.3.29 and want to use it for embedded purpose. Other
modules in our software require apache as a single process. How do i do
that?
I have googled a lot but did not find the needed.So please suggest me
some pointers or docs that can help me to solve the problem.

Thanks ,
Chidanand

Do you Yahoo!?
Groupe SWX.