httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] ProxyPass
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 07:58:20 GMT
Plain text please...

You can have as many ProxyPass directives as you like so long as they
map distinct paths. For example:

ProxyPass /fred http://fred-server/
ProxyPass /jack http://jack-server/
etc.

Your problem is that one path is a subdirectory of the other so they are
not distinct. You have:

ProxyPass / http://192.168.1.2:7777/...etc
ProxyPass /folder2 http://192.168.1.2:8888/...etc

The first directive will trap all requests including a request for
/folder2. So you will never hit the second ProxyPass.

I'm not sure that the ordering of the directives matters (the docs are
not clear on this) but it might work if you switch the order so that the
more specific directive is hit first. If it does, please let us know! If
not, you will need to change your URL Scheme, eg:

ProxyPass /folder1 http://192.168.1.2:7777/...etc
ProxyPass /folder2 http://192.168.1.2:8888/...etc

Rgds,
Owen Boyle