httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] What is entry for mime.types for wordperfect files?
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 08:06:22 GMT

Looking through the "mime.types" file which comes with apache, it would
seem "application/wordperfect5.1" is the mime.type for these files.
However, I don't think that's your problem.

The "security window" is entirely a client-side issue. It cannot be
controlled by the server (think of the security implications if the
server could *force* the client to run an application...)

It's worth pointing out that since these files are in a proprietary
format, they will only be readable by client systems capable of running
wordperfect.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> This message may contain confidential information, and is
> intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is
> addressed.

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.