httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy HTTP and HTTPS without VHosts
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 08:14:17 GMT
If I understand correctly;

- port 80 is blocked
- port 443 is open
- if you can have one plain HTTP server, you're happy

=> run HTTP on port 443 (nobody forces you to use HTTPS on port 443).

If you still need SSL as well, then you're stuck - as Joshua points out,
you can't run HTTP and HTTPS on the same socket any more than you can
run DNS and SMTP on the same socket.

I have to say that your ISP environment sounds very limited for a
web-based business. Frankly, it's inadequate... Who made the deal with
ISP? Nobody who knows anything about the web, for sure...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.