httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Re: Directory Listing: Ignoring all but one file/pattern - is that possible?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 11:14:55 GMT

Wise thought - IndexIgnore does not "protect" the files, it merely prevents them being listed
in the directory listing. A direct request for the filename (assuming it is known to the client)
will still work, of course.

To protect the files really, you could use a <FilesMatch> container with the same listing
as IndexIgnore and then "Deny from all".

Rgds,
Owen Boyle