httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Hemond, Steve" <SHEM...@SMURFIT.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Running httpd on Aix (unresolved symbols)
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:48:52 GMT
Hi ppl,

I just compiled Apache2 on my Aix box and everything was fine. make test didn't return any
error. However, when starting httpd, I get these error messages:

rtld: 0712-001 Symbol pthread_sigmask was referenced
      from module /usr/local/apache2/lib/libapr-0.so(), but a runtime definition
            of the symbol was not found.

rtld: 0712-001 Symbol pthread_rwlock_unlock was referenced
      from module /usr/local/apache2/lib/libapr-0.so(), but a runtime definition
            of the symbol was not found.

rtld: 0712-001 Symbol pthread_rwlock_destroy was referenced
      from module /usr/local/apache2/lib/libapr-0.so(), but a runtime definition
            of the symbol was not found.

rtld: 0712-001 Symbol pthread_rwlock_init was referenced
      from module /usr/local/apache2/lib/libapr-0.so(), but a runtime definition
            of the symbol was not found.

rtld: 0712-001 Symbol pthread_rwlock_rdlock was referenced
      from module /usr/local/apache2/lib/libapr-0.so(), but a runtime definition
            of the symbol was not found.

rtld: 0712-001 Symbol pthread_rwlock_tryrdlock was referenced
      from module /usr/local/apache2/lib/libapr-0.so(), but a runtime definition
            of the symbol was not found.

rtld: 0712-001 Symbol pthread_rwlock_wrlock was referenced
      from module /usr/local/apache2/lib/libapr-0.so(), but a runtime definition
            of the symbol was not found.

rtld: 0712-001 Symbol pthread_rwlock_trywrlock was referenced
      from module /usr/local/apache2/lib/libapr-0.so(), but a runtime definition
            of the symbol was not found.

rtld: 0712-002 fatal error: exiting.

Can anyone explain what this is about (pthread?) and why the symbols aren't found?

Thank you very much in advance,

Best regards,

Steve Hemond
Programmeur Analyste / Analyst Programmer
Smurfit-Stone, Ressources Forestières
La Tuque, P.Q.
Tel.: (819) 676-8100 X2833
shemond@smurfit.com