httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Don" <dnrli...@san.rr.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Facilitating File Downloads...
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:24:36 GMT
Does the file have to be available via http? Can you make the link on the
web page an ftp url?

Of course your ftp has to support PASV or else Mozilla browsers will choke
on it. (Mozilla 1.6 bug 232088)

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Grafton [mailto:rgrafton@indatacorp.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 1:23 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Facilitating File Downloads...

We want to make some files available for download through http. We reference
the files with full paths for the href value in an anchor tag. The files
range in size up to 150MB. We seem to be having a problem with the larger
files becoming corrupted. The large files are self extracting installers for
demos of our products. The corruption of these files results in the self
extractor/installer files crashing on the clients computer after download
from our Apache 2.0.48 server, (running on FreeBSD 4.8). Is there something
I should configure in my httpd.config file to accommodate http downloads?
Should I look to an alternative such as storing the file in a MySQL database
and handing it out from there with PHP scripts?

Thanks For the suggestions,
-Randy