httpd-users mailing list archives

From scott leonard <b...@scottleonard.org>
Subject [users@httpd] pre-parsing based on mime-type
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:38:43 GMT
i have a working solution i want to make more elegant.  my current
setup is redhat 9.0 box running apache 2.

i pre-parse most html requests with a php or perl script on several of
my hosts.  my current solution is to use directives like :

<VirtualHost [IP]>
   ServerName host.domain
   DocumentRoot /path/to/docroot
   <Directory /path/to/docroot/>
     AcceptPathInfo On
     Addhandler cook .html
     Action cook /chef.php
   </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

  i would also like to process php and perl output with this script
(it's a site templating engine for look'n'feel) by setting the php or
perl output header to a custom mime-type to be processed.  so instead
of setting up an autohandler, i would give the Action directive a
mime-type like "text/cook".

however, when i try this, the chef.php script eats itself in a
recursive loop, regardless of what the mime type is set to (just
doesn't seem to want to work with mime-types).  also,  it doesn't catch
the scripts output in the custom mime-type.

does any of this click with anyone?
__
scott leonard, principal
ßø† ƒå®m /web services/