httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mazza, Glen R., ,CPMS" <glen.ma...@cpms.osd.mil>
Subject [users@httpd] (newbie) adding DSO's after installation
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:11:16 GMT
Hello,

Newbie here.

1.  I compiled the Apache 2.0.48 binary with just the enable-so module
brought in,
thinking that DSO's, when needed, can be added in later.  But do I need to
recompile Apache everytime I want to add in new modules, even if used as a
DSO?

2.  If (1) above is "yes", I believe we're supposed to untar the Apache2
tarball again, and use a new build directory, rather than build a second
time
(./configure, make, make install) from the build directory used in the
previous
compile, correct?  (I know I can still reuse and modify the config.nice to
the new build
directory, as explained here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/install.html#upgrading.)

Thanks,