httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Amit Thakkar" <athakkar...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_proxy / mod_rewrite question
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:55:38 GMT
the second...
java applets can only send / recieve data to the server from which they were
served

it looks like I am going to need to have some code in between my applet and
the internet to do that work...

I wrote a quick jsp to open a urlconnection to the website the applet wants
to connect to and then return that to the applet

that works fine... but for the example I used - google.com when data was
entered and searched upon the applet died due to a security error...

I am assuming at some point the applet (java sandbox) determined that the
final url was indeed google and not my server...

thanks for the suggestion... I am going to see what I can figure out on the
java side.
----Original Message Follows----
From: "Ben Yau"
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] mod_proxy / mod_rewrite question
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:16:55 -0800
Okay, I'm a bit unclear on your question.
Do you want to redirect http://localhost/www.yahoo.com to
http://www.yahoo.com  ?
Or do you want http://localhost/www.yahoo.com to return the contents of
http://www.yahoo.com ?
The first one is fairly easy with mod_rewrite.
In fact you will find your answer here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/misc/rewriteguide.html
And it'd be something like:
RewriteRule     ^/?(.*)    http://$1
The second one is not a mod_rewrite thing but would be a programming thing
which I have the theory on how to do it but have never programmed something
like that before so wouldn't be able to tell you specifically(but the basic
is talk to port 80 of the server and get back the text and then display it)