httpd-users mailing list archives

From <Bill.Bon...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Setting up Apache as an Authenticating Proxy Server on WIN32 platform
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 19:38:01 GMT
Ok so ihave fxed the problem... simple when you know how.

so i have

<Proxy *>
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Restricted Proxy"
AuthUserFile "\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\passwords\passwords"
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from americas.nokia.com
require valid-user

</Proxy>

which makes my proxy authenticate from user before requests are allowed.

kind rgds

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: ext [mailto:Bill.Bonney@nokia.com]
Sent: 07 January, 2004 11:27
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Setting up Apache as an Authenticating Proxy
Server on WIN32 platform

Hello All,

I am trying to configure Apache as a Authenticating Proxy Server. I have configured it as
a Proxy Server by adding the following lines to my http.conf ...

-----------------

ProxyRequests On
ProxyVia On

<Proxy *>

Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from nokia.com

</Proxy>

My problem is that I do not understand how to make these request ask for authentication (A
HTTP 407 response). I can create a plain test authentication pasword file for Basic authentication
using htpasswd utility. I just need a push in the right direction for modification of the
above <proxy *> directive to ask for this information when passing the request to the
proxy.

Any help appreciated.

kind rgds

Bill