httpd-users mailing list archives

From <Bill.Bon...@nokia.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Setting up Apache as an Authenticating Proxy Server on WIN32 platform
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 23:04:45 GMT
Hello All,

I am trying to configure Apache as a Authenticating Proxy Server. I have configured it as
a Proxy Server by adding the following lines to my http.conf ...

-----------------

ProxyRequests On
ProxyVia On

<Proxy *>

Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from nokia.com

</Proxy>

------------------

My problem is that I do not understand how to make these request ask for authentication (A
HTTP 407 response). I can create a plain test authentication pasword file for Basic authentication
using htpasswd utility. I just need a push in the right direction for modification of the
above <proxy *> directive to ask for this information when passing the request to the
proxy.

Any help appreciated.

kind rgds

Bill