httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rochford, Paul" <Paul.Rochf...@itsis.ie>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache Not Serving Images
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:29:35 GMT
What are the permissions on the directory serving the content and on the
content itself.

Chmod 311 the directory, or for testing purposes chmod 655 it to see if it
will serve the image.

Kind Rgds,
Paul Rochford

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Andersson [mailto:robert@profundis.nu]
Sent: 19 January 2004 13:25
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache Not Serving Images

Brian Eckenrod
> I actually have done that and the image is not served.  In checking the
> error log, there is no entry.
>
> The access log will show something like;
>
> [19/Jan/2004:08:14:28 -0500] "GET /images/logo.gif HTTP/1.1" 206 12595

The return code 206 means "Partial Content". Why you would get such a
response when requesting it, I don't know. The question is why Apache gets a
request for just part of the content.

> When doing this, the HTML page is not served to the client, I just see an
> empty page.  But if I just double click on the page from Windows explorer,
> it will display without any problems.

Please check this with another browser and/or on a different computer, it
sounds very much like a client issue. Could you give us a link, so we could
see for ourselves?

Regards,
Robert Andersson

are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify us immediately at MailMonitor@itsis.ie and delete this E-mail
from your system. Thank you.
It is possible for data transmitted by email to be deliberately or
accidentally corrupted or intercepted. For this reason, where the
communication is by email, the Bank of Ireland Group does not accept
any responsibility for any breach of confidence which may arise
through the use of this medium.
for the presence of known computer viruses.