httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christian V├Âlker <C.Voel...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Another mod_rewrite question
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:04:55 GMT

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:04:38 -0500, Scott Taylor wrote:

>> If someone types domain.com/page/ I would like it to load
>> domain.com/page.php.  But in the case that page.php does not exist,
>> for
>> it to load page.shtml,  And in case that does not exist, to page.html

Why not: Redirect from domain.com/page/ to domain.com, then:

DirectoryIndex page.php page.shtml page.html

for the root directory at least. I think the tricky part
is that the request goes to a directory whereas you want
to deliver file. The DirectoryIndex has this kind of fail-
over behaviour that you are looking for AFAIK.

CU, C.