httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rog...@queernet.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problems with UserDir Directive
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:48:33 GMT
> First of all the conf. would not be accepted. It sent up the
> following
> error:
>
>   UserDir "enabled" keyword requires a list of usernames.

Right.  "enabled" is only used to enable specific users *if* a more general
"disabled" is found.  Otherwise you don't need it.

> So just to try it out I used:
>
>   UserDir myusername

That says that every user's UserDir is a subdirectory called "myusername".
Are you really saying http://www.example.tld/~myusername should be the
directory "~myusername/username"?  I suspect not.

> The conf. was accepted. I then processed to try
> http://users.mydomain.com/~myusername, I got the following error:
>
>   The requested URL /~myusername was not found on this server.
>
> I proceeded to check the logs. But this apparently brings up no error.
> Myusername's home dir does have a subdir named www. What could the
> problem possibly be?

Do you still have the

	UserDir www

directive?

> Also is it possible to get the UserDir effect but without the '~' ?

See mod_rewrite.