httpd-users mailing list archives

From Francesca@simply.it <france...@simply.it>
Subject [users@httpd] virtual host
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:10:55 GMT
Hi,
I have to set Virtual Hosts on my server but I'm not able.
I tried a lot of time on my web server and it is dangerous for my
websites because they were off line for much times.
So I'm trying with a local computer, that has the same configuration.
I've windows 2000 serverm IIS on port 80 and Apache on port 81

In the config file I set htdocs as document root.
In the Apache Folder I've created a folder www and a subfolder of this
"pomodoro".

I have set the Virtual Host as follow:

BindAddress *
Port 81
<VirtualHost pomodoro>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@pomodoro.it
    DocumentRoot /www/pomodoro
    ServerName localhost:81
</VirtualHost>

I want try in local, so if I go to the http://localhost:81 page It's ok!
But how can I see my pomodoro folder?
If I go to http://localhost:81/pomodoro The page is not found, and The
error log of Apache tell me that folder "pomodoro" in htdocs dosn't
exist!
Obviosly It is in www folder!!!
What can I do?

When I restart Apache there is an error: apache can not resolve host
pomodoro...

What I have to do?
I dont' know anything about DNS, and this is a local test!!!

Thank you!
Francesca (I'm sorry for my bad english!!!)