httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Kruer" <Jeremy.Kr...@dhsnet.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Options ExecCGI is off in this directory -- But I have Options ExecCGI in <Directory>
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:46:55 GMT
Hello,

I have searched Google for this problem but none of the answers given
have fixed the problem I am having.

I also looked at the Apache FAQ, but after doing what it said to do, I
am still getting the error.

Here is the problem I am having:

I setup Apache on Redhat and and am trying to install Bugzilla.  When I
go to http://<server>/bugzilla/ I receive a "Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /bugzilla/index.cgi on this server."
When I go to the Appache error_log, I see the following entry:
"Options ExecCGI is off in this directory:
/var/www/html/bugzilla/index.cgi"

Everything that I found on this points me to the httpd.conf file.  Below
are some of my entries in that file:

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

<Directory /var/www/html/bugzilla">
  Options ExecCGI
  AllowOverride Limit
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Directory>

If I add "#ScriptAlias /bugzilla/ "/var/www/html/bugzilla/"" to my
httpd.conf file, then the .cgi script will run.  However, I do not want
to do this, because there are a lot of files in the bugzilla directory
and subdirectories that are not perl files.

I don't understand what I am doing wrong.  From what I have read, if you
have Options ExecCGI in the directory and you have the AddHandler
cgi-script .cgi then it should work.  Can someone help me figure out
what I am doing wrong?

If more information is needed, please let me know and I will provide it.

Thank you very much!