httpd-users mailing list archives

From Václav Krpec <vas...@alsoft.cz>
Subject [users@httpd] Adding svn dbses without apache restart
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:45:21 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to force apache 2.0 to manage Subversion databases
(module mod_dav_svn.so). I'd be glad if I must not restart
the server each time I add/remove a db (they are beeing
added by inserting a <Location> directive into httpd.conf).
Why can't I place the <Location> directive into a .htaccess
file? Or, alternatively, I thought I could use the <Location> or
<LocationMatch> directive with regexp to manage all db at once;
but oops, I can't use the "$1" statement to pass the real URL(s)
to the module... For instance:

<Location /svn/(.*)>
  DAV svn
  SVNPath C:/hosting/svn/$1
</Location>

I would expect no problem with that, but the module says that
there's no directory such as "C:/hosting/svn/$1" so the real name
was not passed...

Has anyone experience with such apache run-time configuration,
when a path is being added and a module configured to manage it?
Is it even possible?

Thanks a lot,

--
  vencík <vencik@razdva.cz>