httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marty Landman <MLand...@face2interface.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to create file which can be deleted by other
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:52:02 GMT
At 09:41 AM 1/11/2004, Andrus Moor wrote:

>I want to delete this file from application running from other non-root
>account. Unfortunately, this is not possible:
>
>How to create a file in C which can be deleted by other?
>
>If I swith to root and use
>
>chmod 0777 vf000067.dat
>
>file can be deleted in non-root account. However, I cannot switch to root
>inside my application.

Andrus, I write apps in Perl and PHP mainly but I don't think the language
used is relevant. At the time you create the file change the permissions to
777, or the least restrictive you can arrange; e.g. if the other user can
be put in the same group as the creator of the file then 664 might be enough.

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site