httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ari Davidow <...@ivritype.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] stripping trailing slash
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 18:36:10 GMT
At 04:32 PM 1/6/2004, you wrote:
>On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Ari Davidow wrote:
> > >ReWriteRule ^/([-a-zA-Z0-9_]*)/*$ /myscript/$1 [T=application/x-httpd-php]
>
> > No, this doesn't work either, although you're right - it's cleaner. I'm
> > wondering if there is something that apache does when it sees the trailing
> > slash to assume that a directory is intended that is different from the
> > usual parsing? Or something that I need to do to indicate that the slash
> > should be treated as a literal character, not as the usual symbol for
> > "directory"?
>
>No.
>
>The next step is to use the RewriteLog to see exactly what mod_rewrite is
>doing.  Turn up the RewriteLogLevel to 9 and post here if you don't
>understand the contents.

Going through the RewriteLog we determined that the Rewrite =was= working
as expected -- the problem actually lay inside the PHP script, where the
variable REQUEST_URI was being parsed to get the string. That variable was
not affected by the rewrite (should it have been? if so, any ideas why it
wasn't changed?). Is this the wrong environment variable to use? Is anyone
familiar with PHP who would know what should properly be used instead?

ari