httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marty Landman <MLand...@face2interface.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Upgrade to 2.0 question
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 21:21:25 GMT
At 03:44 PM 1/6/2004, Kong, Yi - HPL wrote:
>Are there any ways I can test 2.0 in the 1.3 server?

Yi, I seem to be travelling a similar path. I have an intranet server
running FBSD 4.8 and Apache2 and have just installed Apache1.3 with
mod_perl. So far so good, it seems that the new (1.3) version has put
itself on entirely different paths; e.g.

#/usr/home/httpd/bin/apachectl start
#/usr/home/httpd/bin/apachectl stop

starts and stops the more recently installed 1.3 version, while

#apachectl start
#apachectl stop

stops and starts the previously installed version 2.

Don't know what'll happen after a rehash yet  :)  Nice to see that the
Apache developers have made this thing so that alternate releases can work
and play together so nicely; if only we ppl could do so well, eh?

hth,

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site