httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andy Moran <a...@wildbrain.com>
Subject [users@httpd] SSLCertificate strangeness?
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2004 01:20:24 GMT

We have a server with two SSL enabled virtual hosts.  Both Virtual Hosts
have their own self-signed certificate file (.pem) matching the name of
the virtual host.  i.e.:

<VirtualHost foo.org:443>
    SSLCertificate /etc/httpd/conf/foo.pem
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost bar.org:443>
    SSLCertificate /etc/httpd/conf/bar.pem
</VirttualHost>

When I go to foo.org, all is good.. but for some reason, when one goes
to bar.org, the browser receives the foo.org certificate (and
thus complains).  I tried swapping the Virtual Host definitions around
by putting bar.org first, and sure enough, bar.org works fine now
but foo.org now gets bar.org's certificate.  The files are different
sizes and md5sum signatures, of course.

It's very strange, as if the first SSLCertificate directive found in the
httpd.conf file is being used all VirtualHosts.     This is a RedHat 7.2
machine running apache 1.3.22.     I know this an old version of Apache,
but I don't have easy access to upgrading it, so I wanted to find out if
this behavior is something I'm misconfiguring before I barked up the
'upgrade' tree.  Any thoughts?

--Andy