httpd-users mailing list archives

From Cataphract <Cataphr...@netcabo.pt>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Hey all.
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:08:49 GMT
Some One wrote:

> Could someone please help me configure my apache server to run
> correctly on WIN 98?

 From http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/windows.html:
The primary Windows platform for running Apache 2.0 is Windows NT. (...)
Running Apache on Windows 9x is not thoroughly tested, and it is never
recommended on production systems.
Windows 9x/ME is not suitable for decently running a webserver. Consider
that.

> I have no experience with apache. I currently have Microsoft PWS
> running, but I can only use my IP for that. Say I wanted a site called
> poohead.com. How would I configure apache so that when I go to
> poohead.com, apache kicks in, and takes me straight to the index file
> on my PC?

That has little to do with apache. You must understand how DNS works.
Search for information on DNS, you'll find plenty of information.