httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Permissions Problem
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 06:22:02 GMT
Jez Hancock wrote:

> > Forbidden
> > You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/spellchecker.pl on this
> > server.
> >
> > Apache/1.3.26 Server at sloxmail.cognitive.com Port 80
> > ---
> >
> > httpd.conf contains following
> > ---
> >     <Directory "/srv/www/cgi-bin">
> >         AllowOverride None
> >         Options None
> >         Order allow,deny
> >         Allow from all
> >     </Directory>
> > ---
> Try changing the Options directive to:
>
> Options ExecCGI
>
> in the Directory stub above.

You'd expect the error log to say "ExecCGI not turned on for this
directory" and not "file not allowed by configuration", though, if that
was the case.  I suspect he has a ScriptAlias defined for his cgi-bin
which enables ExecCGI.... But this sort of goes back to my point that
we'll never get anywhere playing guessing games and "Well, did you try
xxx?"  We need to see his configuration file, otherwise this will take
forever.

Brian