httpd-users mailing list archives

From Luis Moran Ochoa <luis.mo...@seresco.es>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache + oracle + php
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:54:43 GMT
Yes.... I forgot to say I'm using RedHat 9 (it's not my choice), php
4.3.4 and Oracle 9 (it isn't my choice neither).

After variables defintions I export all of them.... ORACLE_HOME=xxxxxxx;
export $ORACLE_HOME;

The only malfunction I detected is this.

I followed some documentation to install it...... And in relation to
rights, apache user belongs to oinstall group...
and  user apache has the necesary rights to access the web page files.

If I put that script into /etc/init.d/ and create a symbolic link like
/etc/rc5.d/S99apache to it...
when I boot the machine , doesn't the script execute as root user???

Besides, apache doesn't raise any kind of error, the primary instance of
http is running as root, and the ones created
for serving the requests run as user apache.... In both cases (if I
launch the script manually or from init).