httpd-users mailing list archives

From Luis Moran Ochoa <luis.mo...@seresco.es>
Subject [users@httpd] apache + oracle + php
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:30:41 GMT
Hello....

I have the next problem:

I've compiled php for supporting Oracle 9. And apache supporting php....

All works fine (more or less).

I the typical script for starting apache, it's very similar to this:

$ORACLE_HOME=blahblahblah
$ORACLE_SID=ORA
..... more variables.....
case "$1" in
  start)
     /opt/apache/bin/apachectl startssl
    ;;

  stop)
      /opt/apache/bin/apachectl stop
    ;;
esac

It works fine if you login as root and launch it using
/etc/init.d/apache start

But when it's executed by the init process Apache runs until you try to
ask for a php page
that connects to Oracle.... Then that apache instance dies and no more
php+Oracle pages can
be shown....

It seems to be a problem with the establishment of the variables.... But
I don't understand
where is the diference between launching it on a term or by means of the
init.

Any idea?

Thank you.