httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Permissions Problem
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 09:06:12 GMT
Chuck Haron wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to Apache, and I'm having some permissions problems.
>
> I'm getting the following error:
> ---
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/spellchecker.pl on this server.
>
> Apache/1.3.26 Server at sloxmail.cognitive.com Port 80
> ---
>
> httpd.conf contains following
> ---
> <Directory "/srv/www/cgi-bin">
> AllowOverride None
> Options None
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Directory>
> ---

The problem here is that we're all playing the guessing game as to your
configuration.  Please post any section of your httpd.conf that
references "cgi-bin" or "*.pl".  Better would be if you could make your
httpd.conf available as either an attachment or a URL.  Finally, what
are the permissions on all of the subdirectories in the path, i.e. the
output of "ls -ld /srv /srv/www /srv/www/cgi-bin"?  There is something
in your configuration that is denying access to your cgi script, and I'm
afraid we're not going to be able to help without more information.

Brian