httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sam Seaver <samsea...@northwestern.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd]Apache weekly check
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:24:44 GMT
Ok,

running `'logrotate -f /etc/logrotate.d/httpd`

forced a logrotate of the httpd logs, and in the new httpd error_log,
were the same error lines that I got from this sunday, so httpd did
indeed restart, but because the logging wasn't working anyway, catalina
still worked.

I then restored the original line I had related to logging which was :

[logger]
level=DEBUG
(at the beginning)

and tried restarting logrotate again. As far as I can see, nothing
untowards happened, so it seems that it may not be the logrotation
itself that disrupts catalina.  Im going to leave it as is and wait till
next sunday morning to see if it does hang again, and if so, it's most
likely something else thats happening in cron.daily. we'll see.