httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sam Seaver <samsea...@northwestern.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache weekly check
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:45:22 GMT
Dear all,

Im getting some problems with my httpd every sunday morning at 4am.
 From what I can make out, this is the time that my linux system 'moves'
the log files.

So in my /var/log/httpd directory, every weekly log gets moved down a
number ie error_log becomes error_log.1.

This seems to provoke a self-check by httpd, this self-check seems to be
messing up my jk2 connector and causing tomcat to hang.

Im using httpd 2.0.47 on red hat linux 9 kernel 2.4.20-19.9smp and
tomcat 4.1.24 (I cant for the life of me work out what version the jk2,
seems i deleted the original source directories).

I cant find anything online relating directly to this problem, but
seeing the web-server is rarely used right now, I'm considering
disabling this self-check, or preventing httpd from resetting some of
it's children processes (which seems to be what causes the hang).

What httpd.conf options should I use?

Thanks
Sam Seaver