httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] bandwidth control - Part 2
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:44:51 GMT
Jason D wrote:

> Thanks for the tip I was unaware that anyone could tell if a blanked the
> content of the email. Sorry.

FYI, most email programs insert either a "References:" or "In-Reply-To:"
header that refers to the Message-Id of the post it's a reply to, so
that email programs can display emails in a threaded view instead of a
normal flat listing.  If you use the reply button it will insert those
headers, even if you change the subject and remove all quoting.  It's
actually really handy, and I wish more email programs would do it
correctly.  :-)  Anyway, back on topic now...

Brian