httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jun Yang <jun.y...@usa.net>
Subject [users@httpd] help: first pcfg_openfile and then permission problem
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 01:32:17 GMT
Hi all,

I am using 2.0.40.  For the 2 files A and B in the same directory with
the same file system permissions, I can successfully access A in the
browser but access to B gave me:

[Sat Jan 10 15:43:45 2004] [crit] [client x.x.x.x] (13)Permission
denied: /home/httpd/vhosts/x.x.org/httpdocs/events/.htaccess
pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable,
referer: ...

Did a little search on this error and followed other's solution to
change to "AllowOverride None" in definition of virtual host.  Then I
got this:

[Sat Jan 10 17:10:50 2004] [error] [client x.x.x.x] (13)Permission
denied: access to **fileNameCutOut** denied, referer: ...

On the browser I see:

  Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /events/***.pdf on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.40 Server at hebron.christian-assembly.org Port 80

The htaccess bit is gone and now it's simply a permission denied plus a
problem with ErrorDocument while access to A is still fine.

What's going on?  Please help!  Thanks!

Jun