httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ted <...@KI5U.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual Name-based Hosts and DNS
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:56:59 GMT
Hello to all.

I see a lot of posts addressing virtual name-based hosts on this
forum.  Yet most domain forwarders do not support the proper format to use
them.  A helpful domain expert indicated that the issue could be addressed
in the server (locally) by setting up DNS to point to domains and
sub-domains.  I'm running RedHat 9 which has a GUI for configuring DNS, but
extremely incomplete instructions.  Could someone please point me to a good
step-by-step tutorial to configure DNS to get named-based virtual hosts
working?

Thanks in advance.

Ted