httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ted <...@KI5U.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual directory not recognized...
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:53:32 GMT
Hi Robert,

I knew I had a problem when I couldn't log a http event using the
sub-domain address.  They're not even forwarding anything at all.  Maybe
their servers take a week or two to pick up the changes.  I found tcpdump
and started logging the machine accesses.  I really appreciated the form of
your response...  I'll add it to my repertoire.

<rant>
    BargainName.com -> BargainName-Liars.com
    24-hour-response  -> no_response_ever
</rant>

Thanks for the help.  I think the answer is Network Solutions or some other
professional company.  I'll make sure the forwarding will support virtual
hosting before I transfer the registration.

Ted