httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan Trainor <d...@cavecreek.net>
Subject Re: AW: [users@httpd] Virtuall Hosts and Redirects
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2004 18:51:28 GMT
Steffen -

We run maybe 200 virtualhosts on a shared server.  I'm not sure what
happens to those requests.  I'm quite sure that, for instance, PHP
sessions do not expire.  The actual HTTP requests would be delayed, as
TCP has a wait time, and HTTP is a TCP connection just as any other.  I
first run an apachectl configtest, if that comes back fine, then I go
for the restart, and then verify that the service is still running for
the next ten seconds.

-dant