httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Hargrove" <step...@exitwound.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Macromedia Flash
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 03:33:04 GMT
Apologies if this has been answered ad nauseum, but I've looked through
several newsgroups and websites and have yet to get this working.

I've copied a website from a BSD-type server to a Debian Linux server
running Apache 1.3.29.  Several of the files are .swf files.  When I
access the site, the .swf files aren't being displayed.  I've tried it
from several different browsers, and the result is the same.

Following are the changes I've made to my httpd.conf:

#------------------------
TypesConfig /etc/mime.types
# /etc/mime.types contains the entry
# application/x-shockwave-flash       swf swfl

AddType application/futuresplash spl
AddType application/x-shockwave-flash swf
#-----------------------------

Additionally, my /etc/apache/modules.conf contains:

#-----------------------------
LoadModule mime_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_mime.s
#-----------------------------

After making these changes, I stopped and started the server.

Everything I've read indicates that this is all that should be necessary
to get it working.  But still no joy.

Any thoughts or insight would be much appreciated.  If I've not included
any necessary information, let me know and I'll be more than happy to
forward it.

Thanks.
--
Steve