httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Upgrade to 2.0 question
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:37:03 GMT
On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 20:55:01 -0500, Marty Landman wrote:

> >  Actually, you can run both at the same time as long as they're
> >  not trying to listen to the same IP+port.

>  guess this would make sense. It authenticates startup and shutdown
>  with unique pid's per version since they've each been built to
>  different paths, am I getting it, a little?

I'm not sure what you mean here. Apache doesn't authenticate at startup, it just starts. And
usually changes to a specific user if it can. Process IDs are just process IDs, not some kind
of authentication methods.

The stuff about different paths is correct though. :-)

>  /usr/local/sbin/httpd -k start 49561  ??  I      0:00.15

>  Now, if I start 1.3 w/o bringing down 2.0 first assuming I'd first
>  changed the listen directive wouldn't I see twice the number of
>  http daemons running with no way to know which was which?

More daemons yes, but not necesarily twice as much.

Look again at the line above. You see that it shows a path? That path pretty clearly states
that the httpd in /usr/local/sbin is running. A httpd in another path will show another path,
so you can see the difference.

/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org