httpd-users mailing list archives

From Cameron Schaus <...@schaus.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Facilitating File Downloads...
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:16:26 GMT
On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 11:10:41AM -0700, Randy Grafton wrote:
> Thanks for the tips. I actually stopped listening to my IIS only guys and
> grabbed the 'corrupted' file myself. I got 2 copies of the file off of the
> FreeBSD/Apache server. One by sftp and the other by http. I ran diff
> --minimal file.good file.bad. The files are the same. In fact the sftp file
> worked without issue. The http download of the same file did have a problem
> but when I renamed it and ran it again it worked. Any ideas?

Is the file you are making available for download a .tar.gz file, by
chance?  Some browsers will save the .tar.gz files with a .tar
extension, but without having unzipped it.  This creates confusion.

But without knowing what you did (how you downloaded, renamed from
what to what, ran it), I can only just guess.

Cam