httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Blomstrom <david_blomst...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem installing Apache2 on XP
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:00:18 GMT
--- Dieter Vyncke <dietervyncke@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to install Apache2 on XP. The
> installation works just fine and
> I'm able to start the service without a problem.

I'm still new to Apache, so I really can't help you.

However, I thought I might mention that I downloaded a
preconfigured package that includes Apache 2.0, PHP
and MySQL, and everything seems to work just fine. To
find it, do a search for "Apache Friends" or "XAMPP."

You'll obviously learn more by doing what you're
doing, but I thought I'd mention it in case you're
just looking for a quick fix, as I was.