httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jez Hancock <jez.hanc...@munk.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Vhost.conf into a mysql table ?
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:57:32 GMT
On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:40:43AM +0100, Jerome Schevingt wrote:
>     I am search a solution, on Apache 2.0.XX (a modules ?) for the
> vhosts.conf are into a MySQL Table.
>
> I use one of my Apache serveur for RedirectPermanent and RewriteRules,
> actually, i use a file ..
>
> Into the table, i want put all information of <VirtualHost xxxxxx> and
> dynamiquely load at all request
>
> Do you know a solution ?

You could look into using mod_perl to generate your httpd.conf
vhost stubs dynamically.

Essentially you would enable mod_perl in httpd.conf and then use perl
scripting inside your httpd.conf file to generate the required vhost
stubs, gathering the vhost data as required from the mysql db.

I've not tried this, but from what little I've read from the mod_perl
specs you should be able to do this kind of thing.

See here for more info:

http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/config.html#Apache_Configuration_in_Perl

--
Jez Hancock